For subscriptions bought via The Independent website:
Yes, a benefit of your subscription to The Independent entitles you to use your subscription on up to four devices at any one time. This means that you are free to share access to the app with family members or friends within this limit.
Please note that family and friends would have to login to the app using the same email address and password that you have registered with the Independent.
For subscriptions bought via the iTunes App Store:
There are two ways you can access your subscription on multiple devices:
1. Your subscription to The Independent can be shared via the iOS 'Family sharing' function. Please follow the instructions below:
1) On your Apple device, open your Settings icon.
2) From here, tap your Apple ID which will be your name and email address at the top of your screen.
3) Tap Set Up Family Sharing and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Users who subscribe through the app on an Apple device also gain access to the Independent Premium features on the web.
To do this, you will need to link your App subscription with an account on the website. Please follow the instructions below:
1) Open your Independent Premium app on your iPhone or iPad and tap the Account icon in the bottom right corner.
2) You should then see 'Register/Link web account' at the top.
3) Tapping this will bring you to a registration form on our website. You will need to enter all the fields, accept the Terms & conditions and click Submit.
4) Once you have completed registration, you will be able to login at our website independent.co.uk or the Independent Premium app on up to four devices.
For subscriptions bought via the Google Play App Store:
You will need to provide proof of your receipt and contact Customer Services at: email@example.com