You may cancel your subscription at any time by turning off auto-renewal. If you cancel your subscription before your next payment date, no further payments will be taken. However, please note that we do not provide refunds for subscriptions that are cancelled between renewal dates.
Please find our full subscription terms and conditions here
If you purchased your subscription directly via our website, follow these steps to cancel:
1) Visit www.independent.co.uk and click on LOG IN/REGISTER in the top right-hand corner. Sign in to your account using your email address and password
2) Once logged in, visit your account overview by clicking on the head and shoulders icon in the top right-hand corner.
4) Select the 'Manage subscription’ tab
5) Click on ‘Cancel subscription.
6) Follow the on-screen prompts to confirm that you wish to cancel your subscription. Once you have cancelled your subscription, your Premium access will expire at your next payment due date. If you change your mind after cancelling and wish to continue with your subscription, you may visit the ‘Manage subscription’ tab in your account overview at any time to reactivate your Premium access.
If you purchased your subscription through Apple App Store, please follow the below instructions to cancel:
You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your Apple App Store account settings.
1) On the Apple device home screen, tap the Settings icon
2) Tap iTunes and App Store, then tap your Apple ID. Tap View Apple ID and enter your iTunes password if prompted to do so
3) Tap Subscriptions, locate The Independent in the list and tap it
4) Turn off auto-renew by tapping the slider button to the off position
If you purchased your subscription through Google Play, please follow the below instructions to cancel:
1) Please go to your Google Play account.
2)From the Google Home screen, Press the Google Play Store app
2) Tap the menu (this is the icon showing three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then tap 'My Apps'
3) Locate The Independent in the list of apps, tap it and then turn off auto-renew.
If you purchased your subscription through Amazon's Newsstand for Kindle, please follow the below instructions to cancel:
1) From the Kindle Home screen, tap APPS and then tap STORE
2) Open the menu (this is the icon showing three horizontal lines at the top left of your screen) and then tap MANAGE SUBSCRIPTIONS
3) Locate The Independent in the list of apps, tap it and then turn off auto-renew