You can turn off auto-renewal on your subscription any time.
If you cancel your auto-renewal before the end of your free trial, you will not be charged, however no refunds are available within the active subscription period.
To cancel a subscription purchased through the website:
1) Login to the website at https://www.independent.co.uk/login
2) Click the red head and shoulders icon in the top right corner
3) Click 'Account details' and then 'Subscriptions and billing'
4) Under the Subscription tab you click on the red button under 'Auto-renewal' to switch it off.
You will be able to continue to enjoy your subscription until your next payment date when your subscription will expire.
To cancel a subscription purchased through iTunes:
1) Go to your device home screen and tap the 'Settings' icon
2) Scroll down and tap 'iTunes & App Store'
3) Tap your Apple ID email address which appears at the top of the screen
4) Tap 'View Apple ID' which and then tap 'View Apple ID'
5) Login to your iTunes account if prompted and then tap 'Subscriptions'
6) Locate your Independent subscription and tap 'Cancel Subscription' at the bottom. This will give you a message explaining when your subscription will expire
To cancel a subscription purchased through Google Play:
1) Go to your device home screen and tap the 'Play Store' icon
2) Tap Menu which appears as three horizontal lines and tap 'Subscriptions'
3) Locate your Independent subscription and tap 'Cancel Subscription'
4) Follow the on-screen instructions
When you cancel a subscription you’ll still be able to use your subscription for the time you’ve already paid.
To cancel a subscription purchased through Amazon’s Newsstand for Kindle:
1) Go to your Kindle home screen and tap 'Apps'
2) Tap 'Store'
3) Tap the menu which appears as three horizontal lines at the top left of your screen
4) Tap 'Manage Subscriptions'
5) Locate your Independent subscription and tap it.
6) Turn the auto-renewal off