You can turn off auto-renewal on your subscription at any time.
If you cancel your auto-renewal before your next payment is due, no further payments will be taken, however, no refunds are available within the active subscription period.
If you purchased your subscription directly via our website, follow these steps to cancel:
1) Visit www.independent.co.uk and click on LOG IN/REGISTER in the top right-hand corner
2) Sign in to your account using your email address and password
3) Once logged in, visit your account overview by clicking on the profile icon with your name in the top right-hand corner
4) Select the 'Manage subscription’ tab and click on ‘Cancel subscription
5) Follow the on-screen prompts to confirm that you wish to cancel your subscription once you have cancelled your subscription, your Premium access will expire at your next payment due date.
If you change your mind after cancelling and wish to continue with your subscription, you may visit the ‘Manage subscription’ tab in your account overview at any time to reactivate your Premium access.
To cancel a subscription purchased through iTunes:
1) Go to your device home screen and tap the 'Settings' icon
2) Scroll down and tap 'iTunes & App Store'
3) Tap your Apple ID email address which appears at the top of the screen
4) Tap 'View Apple ID' which and then tap 'View Apple ID'
5) Login to your iTunes account if prompted and then tap 'Subscriptions'
6) Locate your Independent subscription and tap 'Cancel Subscription' at the bottom. This will give you a message explaining when your subscription will expire
To cancel a subscription purchased through Google Play:
1) Go to your device home screen and tap the 'Play Store icon
2) Tap Menu which appears as three horizontal lines and tap 'Subscriptions'
3) Locate your Independent subscription and tap 'Cancel Subscription
4) Follow the on-screen instructions
When you cancel a subscription you’ll still be able to use your subscription for the time you’ve already paid.
To cancel a subscription purchased through Amazon’s Newsstand for Kindle:
1) Go to your Kindle home screen and tap 'Apps'
2) Tap 'Store'
3) Tap the menu which appears as three horizontal lines at the top left of your screen
4) Tap 'Manage Subscriptions
5) Locate your Independent subscription and tap it.
6) Turn the auto-renewal off